Position – Process Engineer – Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Company – 3M
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The person hired for this position will primarily be responsible for managing the process Engineering activities in support of Coating & Converting Value Stream (SIBG Division).
He / She will be responsible for scaling up a process from a design to actual scale, working with operations and/or technical teams to design and implement safe and sustainable manufacturing system.
Process Engineer uses engineering knowledge and skills as a driver of change management with the involvement of cross functional teams to achieve cost benefits.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of team work, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment, and techniques, in numerous locations around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Out to IN/Localization and other LSS projects.
- New Product Introduction with help of R&D team.
- Building Technical Platforms for Automation and Productivity Improvement.
- Optimization of production processes (batch times, raw materials, utilities).
- Guardian to SOP and other documentations.
- Creating BOM and review unit cost and other financial information.
- Initiate production process modification and small investment under Coordination with mechanical and E/I engineer.
- Technical and Analytical problem solving.
- Protect 3M intellectual property.
- Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project stakeholders.
- Promote a “team” environment in achieving departmental objectives regarding safety, quality, and performance.
- Develop continuous improvement of Information Flow, Material Flow, and Work Productivity with-in the Plant. Assist in the reduction of all forms of waste.
- Provide training and documentation support to assigned department. Train employees per Supervisor direction on various “hands on” training need.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.