Position – Lead Field Service Engineer – Motors and Generators
Company – General Electric
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Description Summary
Role Summary /Purpose
- Based at GE Power Conversion Chennai site, Lead Field Service Engineer role is an exciting opportunity for an action-oriented individual with technical foundation of Power Conversion equipment. You will be able to leverage your Power Conversion knowledge as a main point of contact to directly support commissioning and service of large motors and generators, while you collaborate across globe with key functional teams and enhance your strategic business acumen.
The Lead field services Engineer develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet business goals. In this role you are responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and can affect short-term and long-term business goals.
- Be a leading example in maintaining high standards of EHS in the field, working directly with the GE EHS leadership and service management teams and our customers towards achieving our goal of zero injuries
- Installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and servicing of motors and generators
- Deliver field services fulfillment for our customers in terms of EHS, Quality, and Delivery
- Provide technical direction and supervision to a team of technicians and skilled labor, when required
- Activities contribute to, maintain, repair, and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities, and field services engineering.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Perform administrative functions, such as safety plans, risk assessments, method statements, site inspection reports, technical reports, materials requisitions, customer reports, timesheet, and expenses T&L
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Customer Project Management for All Industry – Execution as per process till the hand over / PG Completion.
- Drive, Own, Responsibility – Installation, Service Contract Execution.
- All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers’ site/property
- Site Erection, Site Management, Services to have flawless execution of the complete Greenfield or Brown Field Projects in India & Global
- Require frequent traveling up to 100 % to various client sites throughout India and global locations
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical/allied Engineering from an accredited university
- Work Experience: 7 – 15 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in Services.
- Installation, commissioning, and service experience in large rotating machines, with
- Ability to read and understanding drawings, BoM, and associated technical documents
- Generator & Motor Electrical expertise
- Experience on AVR
- Ability to understand machine performance & controls
- Experience in working with global customers
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- High energy, self-starter, ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes