Position – Engineer 2 – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Power
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
- Product Design/Requisition Engineering of Drives products – Mechanical
- Activities contributing to the design and development of LV/MV VFD
Products/Projects and eHouse
- Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components
- Accountable for the quality of own work.
- Executes within a well-defined operations framework.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Concept and Basic Mechanical design – Packaging of Electrical /Electronics components & Analysis – NPI / Localization
- May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
- Execute detail engineering and Validation of design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Required QualificationsBachelors/Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/CAD design ) Preferred with relevant experience (0-7 yrs)
Proficient in CAD (CREO )/ Ansys / PLM (Team center) tools
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate to work independently within and between teams and as an individual.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment.
- Ability to energize teams and perceive change as an opportunity
Relocation Assistance Provided: No