Position – Sr Project Management Manager 3 – Site Management
Company – GE Power
Location – Uttar Pradesh
Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attaining complete knowledge of the site execution plan, time schedule, scope of supply / work, scope of civil works, major subcontracts, budget and account structure, status of documentation, EHS plan, site staffing plan, applicable local regulations, restrictions etc.
- Mobilise the site and set up of site infrastructure.
- Plan and set up vehicles, accommodation and other support for site staff.
- Establish site regulations and rules of site operation.
- Select and hire local personnel as required.
- Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive reports.
- Set up the site filing and document control system.
- Strategically execute the site Cost Control program.
- Strategically execute the GE EHS Policy and the site EHS plan.
- Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost / resource drawdown.
- Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan.
- Carry out both meritorious and disciplinary actions as prescribed by GE regulations.
- Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale.
- Conduct daily and weekly meetings with GE staff and subcontractors.
- The overall management and leadership of the GE site staff.
- Developing a Site Safety Culture during the site execution of the project.
- Executing the project within the site portion of the construction budget.
- Achieving all major milestones within the site schedule.
- Performance assessments of all site staff including contract staff and life-of-project staff.
- Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact to GE.
- Representation of GE to the customer and local authorities.
- Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times.
- Mechanical / Electrical University degree (comparable with bachelor / master)
- Appropriate experience in power plant construction and engineering
- 15-year construction site experience.
- Leadership and social competence
- Extensive knowledge of power plant systems
- Negotiation and presentation
- Quick and thorough decision making
- Active and positive in solving problems
- Motivating and well-aimed promotion of ideas and concepts
- Delegating, setting priorities and acting directly towards the target, avoid “micro-management”
- Exhibit “command presence”
- “Big Picture” thinking but attention to detail
- Exhibits common sense, is respectful and loyal
- High degree of cost awareness
- Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes