Position – Senior Engineer – Mechanical Modeling & Simulation
Company – General Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering & Master’s Degree in Machine Design, Product Design
- Relevant experience of >8 years in Modeling & simulation (Preferably in ANSYS Workbench) in the areas of Structural / Thermal.
- Master’s Degree from IIT’s, NIT’s or other top Engineering Institutions preferred
- Demonstrate technical leadership capability in integration activities
- Self-starter, energizing, result oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive cost, manufacturability, performance and delivery targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Global project management experience
- Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
Note:To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes