Position – Lead Engineer- Customer Application Engineering – Mechanical Turbine
Company – General Electric
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Description Summary
The lead customer application engineer for Turbine mechanical is part of the global COE organization of technical tendering and functionally reports to regional technical tendering leader. He/she is responsible for the ITO activities related to Turbine mechanical for large new and refurbishment tenders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Mechanical design of different types of turbine – Francis, Pelton, Kaplan, Bulb , Pump turbine etc. in line with GE/International standards for new as well as refurbishment tenders.
- Mechanical design of Inlet Valves
- Calculation optimizations (both technical and cost) for overall tender competitiveness
- Support on Layout optimizations
- Preparation of Bill Of material
- Ensure compliance of technical regulations of tendered region/country
- Interface management with other functions for accurate technical tendering activities
- Identify technical risk and opportunity from customer specifications and define mitigation actions and incorporation of FOE.
- Discussions with customers / consultants on technical issues during pre and post tender stages
- Coordination with Expert for Design Approval and Optimization.
- Preparation of technical submittals
- Finalization of technical documents for contract and their transfer to execution
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar field.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/NX/PRO– E tools
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes