Position – Customer Quality Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Andhra Pradesh
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Customer Quality Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world.www.alstom.com/ India
Mission & Responsibility
To ensure the Quality of produced products you will encourage, promote and facilitate the properly criteria to Production and performs inspections of subassemblies or finished ALSTOM products according to well defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical and/ or electrical measurements. Contributes into site improvement actions and programs related to the Industrial quality scope.
- Ensure Product quality conformity and approval by Customer
- Monitor the Customer/ Depot feedback for timely response, analysis and ensure their effective treatment (QRQC tool recommended) Enforce stoppage of Production in case of a defect which justifies mandatory rectification
- Work in close relation with the SQA teams, especially on NCR management on a daily basis & regular check on the quality reports.
- Support respective Industrial Quality sections for Customer inspection at Quality gates (i.e. PC02, PC09, PC11).
- Work and Manage close relation with Customer representative, and acting in capacity for validating Final Product conformity (PC11) Evaluation and recommendation of decision on derogations requested
- Planning and initiating for tools and measures for the deployment of industrial quality process
- Push Site team to close snag list,Open issues,NCRs,Quality alerts of Depot
- Obtain internal/external customer feedback and push to close the gaps identified by meteirs.
- To actively participate / contribute new initiatives. Also adhere and achive his Manager’s instruction time to time
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical…) or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing / industrial quality.
Skill Set Requirement for Industrial quality engineer.
- Fluency in English is recommended; Good interpersonal communications and presentation skills – clarity and convincing ability.
- Multi-cultural Management Teamwork – – Ability to work and manage teams in cross and multicultural relationships with collaborative approach.
- Data driven and meticulous; self-disciplined, assertive and courageous – demonstrate and demand rigor, Set high standards and goals.
- Leadership of competence and influence :Decisive, Proactive & Solution-minded: Tactical thinking and agility.
- Knowleldge of Railway Industry, IRIS Standards.
- Customer handling and relationship; Planning and Managerial skills.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn, and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.