Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – General Electric
Location – Padappai, Tamil Nadu
Job Description Summary
Role Summary – Product Design and Management
The Design/ Product Engineer demonstrates high level of technical skills needed to Design, Develop, Perform design analysis and Validate complex drives for High Voltage Switchgear products. The design engineer shall deliver the design as per Specifications, Cost, Quality standards & within planned timeline
- Design, Analysis & Validation of High Voltage Switchgear drive Components, Sub-Assemblies, Assemblies.
- Value engineering of existing designs using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements. • Study of Project specifications & assessment of complexity and risks. Abatement of Risk by Design, Calculations and simulations based on GE’s design guidelines and software tools.
- Documentation of technical data, consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing design drawings/documents, analysis data, ensuring error free and timely design and analysis report delivery.
- Responsible for development of parts of the product designed aligning with cross functional teams and suppliers
- Responsible for checking the design and prepare for design reviews with project teams/ management.
- Responsible for reviewing the prototype and validate it with internal/external test facilities.
- Responsible for review & release of drawings/documentation for manufacturing and testing.
- Interact with Global R & D and competence centers on technical matters.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner with appropriate level of effort, following applicable practices, methods and standards.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizes work appropriately.
- Documentation of design records with appropriate details
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, analysis, development and validation of mechanical products and assemblies. Experience in design, development and analysis of HV/MV switchgear drives preferred.
- Experience on 3D CAD tools like Creo Parametric or similar and on CAE tools like Ansys, Creo Simulate or similar.
- Experience on Microsoft office and tools.
- Good oral/written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to engage and communicate effectively with cross functional and global teams.
- Able to travel to domestic/ international locations for around 20% of work duration
- Proven analytical ability.
- Demonstrates outstanding technical knowledge and ownership of designs.
- Demonstrates clear product knowledge including operation/maintenance.
- Noted for accuracy/thoroughness of design/technical work reviews.
- Knowledge of FMEA / QFD and other Six Sigma Tools.
- Consistently translates engineering concepts to workable solutions.
- Continually expands technical skills and knowledge.
- Experience in mechanical simulation with Creo Simulate/ ANSYS is essential.
- Exposure to GD&T, GPS tolerancing, tolerance calculation, stack-up analysis etc.
- Exposure to manufacturing and assembly processes essential.
- Team player and networking skills.
- Demonstrates passionate commitment to delivering quality products to customers.
- Ensures compliance to applicable laws and regulations governing quality, safety and product performance.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement both on a personal and organizational level.
- Uses quality tools and methods as appropriate.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No