Position – Advanced Lead Engineer – Mechanical Design – Rotors
Company – GE
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
This opening is for a design role for GE9X Engineering section at GE Aerospace Bangalore Engineering Center. Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. You will be required to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team including but not limited to Supply chain, Assembly, Systems, Programs, Manufacturing Programs, Quality, Repairs, PSE, Materials and other functional teams to achieve the desired outcome for the module.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of hardware for GE9X engine program using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Execute design and analysis activities for GE9X engine hardware primarily working on Non-conformances of parts in shop. Further, work on issue resolution, performance improvements, Durability and producibility improvements. Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Use engineering judgement and contributes towards methodology improvements.
- Uses engineering judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks.
- Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing, repair, and test & field issue resolution under the mentorship of senior engineers.
- Provide mentoring as needed to the young engineers in team to meet the program deadlines.
- Leverage & analyse the data to provide insights to drive appropriate actions
- – Bachelors /Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering specialization with strong academic track record.
- Opportunities are available across experience levels of 2 years to 7 years.
- Experience in Aviation Engines or Turbomachinery Design, Product Support Engineering (PSE) or hardware ownership position.
- Strong engineering problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes