Position – Development Engineer – Mechanical
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to managing install base products related to design changes, regulatory compliances and field failure trending & root cause analysis of existing X-Ray Tubes and Generators.
Position requires understanding the products and its regulatory requirements, design change process, verification and validation, product testing, obsolescence/supply chain risks mitigation of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies in accordance with quality management system. Learn practical application of engineering principles, achieve expertise in Mechanical Engineering.
GE HealthCare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our purpose is to create a world where healthcare has no limits. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Work as a part of a team including cross functional team members & suppliers to deliver technical solutions
- Work with service/system and technical leaders to ensure that products in install base technical challenges are addressed
- Own product level initiatives such as addressing obsolescence, regulatory compliance, VCP, supply chain risk mitigation through design change process (ECR/ECO/SCRs)
- Upkeep of product regulatory compliance files (TRM ,PDS ,Technical files , Product labels)
- Engage as an engineering representative in global product audits – GMED, MDR, UL, CSA and FDA
- Product risk management and problem solving – DFMEA, PFMEA , risk assesment and problem solving techniques
- Engaging in all phases of product life cycle including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Identify process improvement opportunities through DFM, DFT and DFR
- Identify and propose VCP opportunities, leverage strategic sourcing objectives and common technology initiatives in the modality product line
- Support operations to address FPY / IR issues
- Designing new products and/or supporting Installed Base of mechanical components & subsystems using Mechanical Engineering principles
- BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering & Master’s Degree in Mechanical Design / Tool Design / Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product life cycle management
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task, Seeks mentoring to learn and for problem solving
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- Demonstrate technical leadership capability in integration activities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Global project management experience
- Six sigma Green Belt, Reliability yellow Belt Certified
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.