Position – Design Engineer – Mechanical
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Position requires understanding of concepts, methods, procedures & strategies for design & development of Mechanical Components & sub-assemblies. Learn practical application of engineering principles, achieve expertise in Mechanical Engineering.
GE HealthCare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our purpose is to create a world where healthcare has no limits. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for New Products and/or Installed Base mechanical components & subsystems using Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Create & review engineering drawings, understand GD&T principles, tolerance stack-up analysis, material selection & selection of manufacturing processes
- Develop test plans & perform testing & verification of designs, perform engineering calculations to support design work and lead technical design reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and work with suppliers & contractors
- Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Leading development of new processes in the areas of metal working, castings, injection molding, joining, surface coatings, etc.
- Knowledge of industrial grade plastics/polymers and their design & manufacturing principles
- Work with customers and/or technical leaders to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
- Seeks mentoring to learn and for problem solving
- Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Maintain and develop competence required for the job
- B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Design / Tool Design / Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in CAD tools
- Demonstrate technical leadership capability in integration activities
- Self-starter, energizing, result oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive cost, manufacturability, performance and delivery targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No