Position – Engineer – Combustion Aero Thermal
Company – GE Gas Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
As a Combustion Aero Thermal Engineer, you will apply fundamental design principles to ensure robust Gas Turbine combustion operability and bring reliable power to the people with lower emissions. In this role you will execute NPI/Service Aero operability projects, apply creativity to solve the problem and deliver the results on time in collaboration with team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the Combustion Aero Thermal projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to the business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Conduct predictive combustion dynamics, emissions, and combustion performance modeling using 1D/3D commercial and proprietary tools.
- Perform Pre and Post test data analysis. Interpret the data analysis results and effectively outline key observations. Suggest and execute ideas to improve the combustion system design.
- Demonstrate mindset of ownership and accountability to achieve goals.
- Work effectively within cross-functional – Mechanical, Controls, Accessories, and product service team for project execution.
- Execute new product introduction design and Fleet RCA activities.
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of processes and data analysis techniques.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- M.E / M Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with specialization in combustion & thermodynamics engineering.
- 1-2 years experience in combustion dynamics and its operability.
- Edison graduate from EEEDP program
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and ability to work well in a team environment with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Self-starter and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Understanding of python programing and data analytics technique.
- Laboratory experience is an added advantage.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No