Position – Engineer – Product Definition
Company – GE Gas Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Join our world class Product Definition team to develop new technical solutions, processes, and automation software for the Digital Thread. Work closely with design engineering, projects engineering and suppliers to solve challenging enterprise problems and effectively communicate business goals and accomplishments across all levels of the organization. As Engineer – Product Definition, you will be working independently and in close collaboration with the engineering function in designing and detailing of Gas Turbine Mechanical system for New Unit projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own and execute PDE scope for Mechanical systems for New Unit projects in Heavy Duty Gas turbines to deliver 3D designs, PMIs, arrangement drawings, Bills of materials using NX and Enovia PLM with immaculate quality and adhering to timelines
- Develop mechanical system designs: Designating of Enclosures, Structural steel, Inlet, Exhaust and ventilation systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and P&IDs
- Create arrangement drawing and Bill of Materials
- Ensure all interface characteristics between components are established and agreed upon by the designers of mating parts
- Proactively and effectively communicate progress, status, risk, needed inputs and target release dates to stakeholders.
- Participate in weekly scrum meetings with the Engineering counterparts to plan for four-week look ahead and work with prioritization
- Apply Lean principles in daily management and strive for continuous improvement
- Create CAD models and drawings using company-sponsored CAD systems (NX, E3D).
- Utilize applicable checking and productivity tools aimed at working productively.
- Utilize applicable PLM system (Enovia) to manage and issue product definition data.
- Work closely with our experienced team in model based product definition process changes and advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Ensure design integrity and no high-risk escaping defects and drive improvements in FTY (error reduction).
- Ensure that interface characteristics between components are established and agreed upon by owners of mating parts.
- Check, validate and issue models and drawings.
- Manage concurrent Engineering processes, understand input from the different engineering disciplines, monitor progress and quality, and ensure schedule requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical PDE data.
- Provide design support to cross-functional teams to improve or resolve design, performance, manufacturing, supplier, or field issues.
- Assure that proper documentation of technical data, generated to substantiate the assigned components, assembly processes, and/or systems is consistent with design policies and procedures.
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
- Contribution to Engineering initiatives to improve productivity and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with 3 to 7 years of experience.
- Cognizant of state-of-the-art 3D CAD software like NX, PDMS or AVEVA 3D
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME Y14.5, ISO 1101 or applicable) relevant to the function.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, capabilities and assembly procedures.
- Expertise in enterprise Computer Aided Design (CAD) managed by a PLM/PDM system
- Good knowledge on Power plant components and its functioning
- Sound knowledge of sheet metals, International Structural codes like ANSI, EURO
- Good knowledge of Piping standards like ASME B31.1 (Power Piping, ASME B31.3 (Process piping) and Welding Practices
- Experience in accessories engineering design and/or accessories product or process experience
- Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assertively communicate with Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability in managing several projects across functions (New Product Introduction, New Units, Services, Cost Out, etc.), ensuring On-time Delivery, with high quality and on-budget.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively work under pressure.
- Focus on ownership, accountability and sense of urgency
- Experience driving Drawing à Model-Based Product Definition initiatives
- CAD expertise with NX(Unigraphics), using in sheet metal and structural designs
- PLM expertise with ENOVIA
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No