Position – Manufacturing Specialist – Prod Process and Equipment
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
He /she will take care of manufacturing processes for loco product lines. You will be responsible for establishing, optimizing & improving the processes for Loco Remanufacturing business & efficient operations.
- Establishing, optimizing & improving the processes for Loco Remanufacturing business at MMF & supplier end.
- Interface with vendors and other functions in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
- Own complete implementation of Lean principles for Reman Business.
- Identify P&E, define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals till completion.
- Work as interface with customer on timely closure of repairs.
- Translate engineering BoM into manufacturing BoM including item master creation, defining routing in Oracle
- Establish & document manufacturing process through Manufacturing Process Plan
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Make process instructions/routings for assembly by focusing on standardization of manufacturing processes
- Support on equipment layout plan, facility modification, and equipment installation and inspection acceptance.
- Facilitate operator trainings and work with suppliers to organize for special trainings on equipment.
- Establish and improvise the manufacturing processes, identify deviations and take corrective actions to ensure process compliance
- Target optimal facility utilization to meet production volumes. Should be able to optimize the available resources and be able to justify new requirements
- Suggest / Perform layout changes as required
- Develop necessary tooling and material handling requirements to ensure productivity and Safety
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent
- 2-4 years experience in manufacturing operations
- High level of drawings/schematics/standards understanding
- Proficiency in Lean, Oracle applications & MS Office
- Strong EHS Background
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Demonstrated self-starter, results oriented, analytical and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About The Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.