Position – Manufacturing Specialist -Warehouse and Inventory
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The Role will manage the entire end to end Warehouse management activities for GE India Multi Modal Factory at Pune. Lead and drive the 3PLs activities, driving KPIs aligned with business goals and expectations. Guide warehousing teams in developing and executing plans to establish and meet goals for Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery. Work closely with Cross functional team Logistics, Contractors, Planning, sourcing, manufacturing and quality teams etc.
- Plans routine and non-routine activities for the department. Provide leadership/coaching to further develop the warehousing process within Receiving, Dispatching, Line feeding , Kitting and Stockroom teams, yielding a safe, quality-focused, collaborative environment of continuous improvement within the teams and customers they support
- Develop operational plan for department
- Manage activities and performance of employees and LSP , Setting expectation with 3PL, driving KPIs aligned with business goals and expectations
- Lead daily meetings to establish team goals and deliverables
- Guide warehousing teams in developing and executing plans to establish and meet goals for Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups (e.g. Logistics, Transporters, OTR, Planning, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.) to understand requirements and resolve issues
- Maintain and monitor department metrics (e.g. aged ASN, received not delivered, inventory accuracy, etc.), take action and/or establish new metrics as needed
- Improve stockroom utilization and efficiency by considering layout, flow, and personnel distribution
- Coordinate all activities for annual physical inventory & Daily Cycle count .
- Provide Guidance and support to the kitting and line feeding team to develop a lean flow.
- Documentation, Accuracy in record keeping & retrievals.
- Monitoring scheduling and ensuring packaging (Quality , Efficiency etc.)
- Working closely with Finance and Inventory Manager to maintain Stock room accuracy and Tax (Import and Local ) accuracy
- Prepare budget for Warehouse and execute vs. plan
- Strong analytical skills to solve issues along with cross functional team
- Design and define space required for Warehouse considering pipeline projects
- Bring digitization and lean concepts in Warehouse operations.
- University degree in Mechanical engineering or relevant disciplines
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Warehouse management
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes