Position – Manufacturing Specialist – Prod Process and Equip
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
In this role you will take care of manufacturing processes for loco product lines. You will be responsible for establishing, optimizing & improving the processes for Loco Coil & Winding Manufacturing business & efficient operations.
- Establishing, optimizing & improving the processes for Stator coil & winding manufacturing.
- Work with CFT team on improving VPI process.
- Interface with vendors and other functions in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
- Own complete implementation of Lean principles & tools for this area
- Identify P&E, define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals till completion.
- Translate engineering BoM into manufacturing BoM including item master creation, defining routing in Oracle
- Establish & document manufacturing process through Manufacturing Process Plan
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Make process instructions/routings for assembly by focusing on standardization of manufacturing processes
- Support on equipment layout plan, facility modification, and equipment installation and inspection acceptance.
- Facilitate operator trainings and work with suppliers to organize for special trainings on equipment.
- Establish and improvise the manufacturing processes, identify deviations, and take corrective actions to ensure process compliance
- Target optimal facility utilization to meet production volumes. Should be able to optimize the available resources and be able to justify new requirements
- Suggest / Perform layout changes as required
- Develop necessary tooling and material handling requirements to ensure productivity and Safety
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent
- 2-4 years experience in manufacturing operations
- High level of drawings/schematics/standards understanding
- Proficiency in Lean, Oracle applications & MS Office
- Strong EHS Background
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Demonstrated self-starter, results oriented, analytical and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No