Position – Junior Engineer Welding
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Welder is responsible for all types welding operations and produce defect free parts with continual improvement of overall welding productivity.
- Welding of tubes, air manifolds and sheet metal parts.
- Welding of stainless steel, Inconel material.
- Repair of defective stainless steel and Inconel castings.
- Welding and fabrication by using TIG and Orbital welding processes.
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and interpret drawings, manuals, SOP, MOS and other material to determine finish product.
- Assembly of welded products.
- Diploma or ITI with minimum 2.5 years of experience in welding and fabrication.
- Shall be certified in welding process as per AWS D17.1 in 6G position with II A & III B materials.
- Shall have experience to produce X ray quality Class B weld joints, with SS 321 & Inconel 625 material
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
- Experience in engineering industry – with firsthand experience of fabrication of tubes and ducts of aircraft engines.
- Knowledge in welding machines usage and their accessories like welding positioners, Bevellers, Rollers, 3D welding tables, etc.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Proficiency in welding technique.
- Experience in the aviation industry.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes, and provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
Relocation Assistance Provided: No