Position – Junior Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the NDT testing expert is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In process quality systems as per AS 9100 / ISO 9001 and or NADCAP. This person will own developing and executing the NDT plan – in process quality inspection plan to address the key Quality deliverables in the project including analysis.
- The position will report to the NDT Level III or Quality Manager
- Responsible to carry out inspection processes in Digital Radiography processes. Coordinate with NDT Level III for developing, and improving the processes.
- Responsible to develop, and implementing NDT procedures as applicable to customers, and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with NDT / Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 / NAD CAP procedures: understand requirements for certification, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain certifications,
- Coordinate for Quality training needs. Facilitate, train, and coach cross-functional employees in the use of quality tools as appropriate
- Initiate the continual improvement through quality audit programs, through the assessment/screening of various sources of non-conformances, and by driving the implementation of corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis for In process improvements.
- Develop & Monitor all quality parameters (NDT) for in-process & quality equipments. Implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support the quality strategy and establish a climate that encourages an open communication for employees to exchange ideas/suggestions
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
- First Class Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering with NDT –II Digital Radiography Level 2 certified preferably NAS410 / Min 800 Hours OJT In Digital Radiography.
- 2+ Years of Experience in Engineering industry (Fabrication / Aviation industry using NDT extensively) – with firsthand experience with a Quality Management system
- Working knowledge of AS 9100 and its application in a complex business. Requirements of implementation.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Knowledge of NAD CAP Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
- Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken) Marathi Language Skills (Verbal & Written)
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes