Position – Senior R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Senior R&D Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Senior R&D Engineer, reporting to R&D Team Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be will be responsible for contributing with own ideas to identify, propose, implement innovative technology development and solutions by solving industrial problems independently.
- Preparation of mechanical design concept and full CAD 3D models. Detailed design and complete detailed 2D drawings.
- Design of sheet metal parts, casted and machined metal parts, molded plastic parts.
- Metal forming and manufacturing Process knowledge and optimization.
- Design reviews in close communication with other R&D project Managers and technical experts.
- Preferably Circuit Breaker Design and Development.
- Design validation through calculations, Analysis, Testing.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to the project, providing guidance to colleagues and more junior team members, acting as a mentor, and sharing lessons learned.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a basic understanding of Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4-8 years of experience in the Design and Development of Medium Voltage Indoor Circuit Breakers is preferred (Circuit Breaker for Air Insulated or Gas Insulated Switchgears)
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks, etc.,).
- Reading of technical drawings and experience in PLM system is required. SolidWorks/Smarteam/Windchill is preferred.
- Excellent English language skills-written and spoken.
More about us
ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.