Position – Junior Engineer – Hydro Test
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the NDT testing expert is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In-process quality systems as per AS 9100 / ISO 9001. This person will own developing and executing the NDT(Hydro Test) plan – in process quality inspection plan to address the key Quality deliverables in the project including analysis.
Essential Responsibilities :
• The position will report to the NDT Level III / Quality MangerWill be responsible for carrying out daily process control checks , inspection processes & adherence to organizational special process certification norms
- Responsible to carry out inspection processes in Hydro Testing.
Coordinate with NDT Level III for developing, improving the processes.
- Responsible to develop, implement NDT procedures as applicable to customer, regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with NDT / Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 procedures : understand requirements for certification, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain certifications,
- Coordinate for Quality training needs. Facilitate, train, and coach cross-functional employees in the use of quality tools as appropriate
- Initiate the continual improvement through quality audit programs, through the assessment / screening of various sources of non-conformances and by driving the implementation or corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis for In process improvements.
- Develop & Monitor all quality parameters (NDT) for in process & quality equipment’s. Implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support the quality strategy and establish a climate that encourages an open communication for employees to exchange ideas / suggestions.
1.Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class Diploma in Mechanical Engineering .
3. 2+ Years of Experience in Engineering industry (Fabrication / Aviation industry using NDT extensively)– with firsthand experience with a Quality Management system.
4. Working knowledge of Hydro Test and its application.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
- Current & valid Hydro Test certification.
- Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Strong project and team leadership
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
- Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken)
- Marathi Language Skills (Verbal & Written)
Relocation Assistance Provided: No