Position – Jr Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal renewable team, the Jr. Engineer is responsible for assembly for Hub wind product. Also responsible for Tools & tackle monitoring, continuous improvements on cost reduction. Also, responsible to produce defect free products.
- Ability to complete Hub assembly & lifting of heavy Assembly weight approx to 80 tone,
- Hands on experience & understanding of electrical & hydraulic torqueing tool like Erad, Plarad etc.
- Hands on experience & Ability to analyze and interpret design drawings, manuals, SOP and other material to determine finish product.
- Ability to complete the Pitch drive, motor alignment, pitch bearing assembly, Pitch drive assembly for wind turbine product.
- Hands on experience in Pitch system wiring, hub casting assembly & fitment, Pitch system lifting & assembly.
- Good understanding of critical crane lift operations for wind turbine.
- Able to understand BOM & assembly drawing.
- Ensures to maintain high standard of 5 ’S’ on shop lines.
- Follows all safety norms laid by GE. Strives for zero accidents and reports near misses.
- Takes care of tools & equipment and maintain them properly.
- Ability to understanding of lean principle & EHSRA, SOD.
- Ability to interact with interdepartmental peoples.
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
- Inventory control on shop floor including WIP return.
- Ensures to build right product with zero customer complaint.
- Ensures for process improvements to achieve targeted matrix.
- First Class Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 to 3 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of mechanical assembly & crane operation.
- Strong background in wind turbine manufacturing field will be desired.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.