Position – Engineer – Emerging Technologies
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop additive deep domain expertise for long term
- Design for Additive Manufacturing (DFAM) including part consolidation, additive costing & DMLM (Direct Metal Laser Melting) support structures design
- Carry out structural & thermal analysis, topology optimization as well as hand-calculations to meet design objectives of reduced cost, weight and improved performance
- Simulation of additive build process, use of available tools for design and manufacturing of additive components
- Explore alternate additive modalities like DED, Binder Jet, Cold spray etc. to remain competitive in the market
- Technology demonstration of design concepts through TRL/MRL maturation for NTI/Advanced architecture
- Document the work as per established procedure and present in technical and design reviews
- Should be flexible to work on different programs based on priorities
- Quick evaluation of concepts through hand calculations/ engineering judgment/ preliminary design evaluation
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- B Tech/ M Tech / MS / in Mechanical/Aerospace/Production/Civil or equivalent Engineering with 1-2 years of engineering experience in additive/mechanical design and analysis of gas turbine components.
- Expertise in FEA, vibration analysis, topology optimization methods and engineering hand calculations
- Hands on experience in modeling, meshing and simulation software like NX, ANSYS, Hypermesh, Optistruct, MATLAB
- Passion for excellence in professional endeavors with unyielding integrity
- Familiarity with Gas Turbines or Aircraft Engines.
- Prior experience in doing design trade studies on different design concepts
- Knowledge of should-cost, weight roll-up, manufacturing & assembly process
- Knowledge of additive design & build simulation software MAGICS, Netfabb, Simufact, GEONx, ANSYS Additive etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes