Position – Engineer 2 – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- This role requires basic experience in the Engineering/Technology & Mechanical Component. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor/ Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in the areas of Mechanical, Structural or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in performing advanced FE simulations in structural, flow and thermal domains.
- Demonstrated leadership in problem solving, design and process thinking in delivering engineering solutions.
- Strong design creativity and problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding of Aircraft Engine components, Structural dynamics, contact mechanism
- Good understanding of FEA and modelling tools like ANSYS, Unigraphics and Hypermesh
- Experience with new technology/methods development, engine testing & correlations
- Multi-disciplinary modelling & simulation experience
- Lean Six Sigma – Green or Black Belt
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No