Position – Preliminary Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
GE Aviation Performance engineer in preliminary Design organization is responsible for cycle design & optimization of the next generation aircraft engine at very early stage of the engine program. Responsibility includes building cycle models & perform design studies to meet propulsion system requirement ex. engine size, performance target, engine cost and Aviation Design Practices and legacy experience
- Design the engine component/module based on hand calculation, Design Practice and legacy experience, develop engine cross-section.
- Optimize cross-section that meets propulsion system requirement likes engine size, weight, performance, business target cost.
- Deliver 2 critical metrics for the business – weight and cost for new engines.
- Represent result in business-critical audit/review process for the same.
- Identify risk and opportunity of the engine design, work with multi-disciplinary team to mitigate risk and mature opportunity.
- Ideate and mature new architecture concepts that brings significant competitive advantage for GE.
- Leverage digital tools to benchmark engine dimension, weight, cost and other engineering data from legacy engines.
- Gain significant system level knowledge by interacting with wide communities (System, Project, other engine disciplines, detail designer, Supply Chain, Sourcing)
- Develop processes for preliminary analysis of components based on the Design Practices and Design Process Template
- Communicate results, findings and observations in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports, memos, technical articles) to peers and program leader in formal/informal design reviews
- BE / BTech / ME / MTech in Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years of experience in turbo-machines mechanical design
- 1-2 years of experience with Unigraphics.
- Very good Gas Turbine fundamentals/understanding
- Significant problem solving ability. Hand calculations/Free Body diagram
- Effective multitasking and ability to deliver on time and with quality
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- System mindset
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on problem solving and driving solutions
- Highly-motivated, passionate and extraordinary Communication skills
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed
Preliminary Design team in GE Aviation, Bangalore is actively engaged in study & early design for next generation commercial and Business & General Aviation applications. Team performs the Cycle design & optimization from propulsion system requirement, develop X-section and deliver proposal packages to Airframer for engine selection.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.