Ford Motor Company is hiring | Process Engineer |
Position – Process Engineer
Company – Ford Motor Company
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Full Job Description
- Develop and implementation of Assembly systems for manufacturing within Power train operations.
- Development process of assembly station design for safety and ergonomics
- Aligned to standard Process strategies through system inquiry, simultaneous engineering, build, installation, and commissioning phases.
- Understand lean material flow principles and integrate within assembly system layout
- Understand time and motion study principles and be able to apply to assembly process design
- Interface with Product design to evaluate assembly feasibility, and incorporate DFA/DFM principles
- Understand and be able to apply discrete event simulation for improved constraint analysis
- Understand and experience with fastening methods
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering-Automotive, Engineering-Electrical, Engineering-Industrial, Engineering-Manufacturing, Engineering-Mechanical, Engineering-Other, Engineering-Production. Master of Science preferred
No. of Years of Experience
- 2-5 years
- Extensive Assembly manufacturing process knowledge preferably automotive
- Solid understanding of GD&T, Blue print reading, Tolerance stack up and process design
Experience in developing manual and automatic stations, as well as systems
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Preferred previous experiences
2+ years manufacturing experience, manufacturing plant experience preferred
Project/program experience desired
- Self Starter / Initiative
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Positive and Find a way attitude
- Solid technical background
- Process Discipline , Project Management Skills, Quality mindset
- Strong Analytical Skills, Excellent Computer Skill
- Special Knowledge Required
- Quality Systems, Autocad, problem solving techniques.
- Special Skills Sets Required
- Experience in team based environment
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Participate in Simo Engineering with supplier and plant/staff, exposure to assembly
- Initiate and evaluate bids for equipment purchase.
- Run-off equipment at supplier and plant to show capability and robustness including safety.
- Lead Plant installation supervisors with appropriate timing and installation documentation, to ensure efficient/timely installations.
- Coordinate APQP, FMEA, and 8D processes and Support QS 9000 and ISO 14000, PPAP, and APQP processes
- Model “Team Values
- Assure delivery of program productivity objectives through process design including FMEAs
- Support other activities (plant engineering, process engineering, tooling & gauging, safety, productivity, forward planning, etc.)
- Support appropriate Six Sigma projects.
- Have a working knowledge of procedures regarding safety, quality, and environment.
- Use lessons learned to drive continuous improvement.
- Support production part release process and Interface with release activity, STA, and purchasing as required
- Develop a good all-round understanding of Manufacturing Engineering, Launch and quality disciplines, and tools used in Manufacturing Engineering