Position – Process Engineer
Company – Ford Motor Company
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Develop and implementation of Assembly systems for manufacturing within Power train operations.
- The development process of assembly station design for safety and ergonomics
- Aligned to standard Process strategies through system inquiry, simultaneous engineering, build, installation, and commissioning phases.
- Understand lean material flow principles and integrate them within the assembly system layout
- Understand time and motion study principles and be able to apply them to assembly process design
- Interface with Product design to evaluate assembly feasibility, and incorporate DFA/DFM principles
- Understand and be able to apply discrete event simulation for improved constraint analysis
- Understand and experience with fastening methods
Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering-Automotive, Engineering-Electrical, Engineering-Industrial, Engineering-Manufacturing, Engineering-Mechanical, Engineering-Other, and Engineering-Production. Master of Science preferred
No. of Years of Experience – 2-5 years
Extensive Assembly manufacturing process knowledge preferably automotive
Solid understanding of GD&T, Blueprint reading, Tolerance stack up, and process design
Experience in developing manual and automatic stations, as well as systems
Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Preferred previous experiences
2+ years of manufacturing experience, manufacturing plant experience preferred
Project/program experience desired
- Leadership Skills
- Self Starter / Initiative
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Positive and Find a way attitude
- Solid technical background
Process Discipline, Project Management Skills, Quality mindset
Strong Analytical Skills, Excellent Computer Skills
Special Knowledge Required
Quality Systems, Autocad, problem-solving techniques.
Special Skills Sets Required
Experience in a team-based environment
Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Participate in Simo Engineering with supplier and plant/staff, exposure to assembly
- Initiate and evaluate bids for equipment purchase.
- Run-off equipment at supplier and plant to show capability and robustness including safety.
- Lead Plant installation supervisors with appropriate timing and installation documentation, to ensure efficient/timely installations.
- Coordinate APQP, FMEA, and 8D processes and Support QS 9000 and ISO 14000, PPAP, and APQP processes
- Model “Team Values
- Assure delivery of program productivity objectives through process design including FMEAs
- Support other activities (plant engineering, process engineering, tooling & gauging, safety, productivity, forward planning, etc.)
- Support appropriate Six Sigma projects.
- Have a working knowledge of procedures regarding safety, quality and environment.
- Use lessons learned to drive continuous improvement.
- Support production part release process and Interface with release activity, STA, and purchasing as required
Develop a good all-round understanding of Manufacturing Engineering, Launch and quality disciplines and tools used in Manufacturing Engineering