Position – Project Planner
Company – FLSmidth Inc.
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, iN
Joining a team of more than 11,000 people working across more than 60 countries, you will be part of an agile network of talented and ambitious people. In fact, we count on you to engage, connect and collaborate with colleagues all over the world. Seize the opportunity to learn, create and develop your potential with us.
About the role:
Your overall tasks are to be responsible & accountable for the Cement Industry Planning. You will liaise closely with Project Management, Sales, Proposal, Engineering & Procurement Personnel.
Furthermore, you will contribute to streamlining the Planning function by utilizing IT tools such as SharePoint & Office 365 platforms like Teams, Power BI and so on…
Project proposal phase:
The Project Planner assists the Sales Director in estimating the total numbers of resources for a project, as this is an important cost element, this is done using an advanced template in MS-Excel
Furthermore, the Project Planner works with the Sales Director and Project Director in preparing Contractual Level 1 & 2 Schedules, this is done using an MS-Project template
Project execution phase:
When the contract is signed, the Project Planner assists the Project Director with the initial planning of the project, this is done in Primavera P6 and an FLSmidth’s ERP system.
Qualification / Work Experience:
- Good communication skill
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical
- 3-7 Years of experience; preferably in Cement or Adjacent Industry Sectors
- Highly qualified in MS-Office, especially in MS-Excel and MS-Project
- Knowledge of Primavera will be appreciated
- Having worked as a planner on industrial projects
- Cement Plant experience will be an advantage
- Able to work as a high-level Individual Contributor while collaborating with ‘others’ to deliver on-time
What we offer:
- The competitive remuneration package on offer
- An equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
- A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities
- Work-life balance so you can focus on professional and personal priorities
- Health insurance program for employee and immediate family
- Flexible work arrangement
Kindly note that we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as possible.
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries. Being close to 10,700 employees across more than 60 countries, we combine unique process knowledge on projects, products and services to meet our customers’ need for innovation, digitalization and sustainable productivity.
Since 1882, FLSmidth has challenged conventions and explored opportunities to bring better solutions to light for our customers, for our employees and for the world.
FLSmidth is listed on NASDAQ OMX Exchange Copenhagen.