Position – Jr. Engineer – GBS Engineering (ECM)
Company – Flex
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Flex, a Fortune Global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build, and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don’t meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Junior Engineer – GBS Engineering in Chennai.
What a typical day looks like:
- Ability to work with Customers/Suppliers in different countries.
- Coordinating with Multiple teams on Environmental Compliance activities.
- Collaboration with the Team
- Responsible for Collection, analysis & archival of the component information related to Environmental Compliance through Assent Compliance Management
- Adhere to the process without any deviations
- Working with Multiple customers or suppliers for different Environmental Regulatory requirements
- Provide Training to suppliers on the Environmental Compliance requirements w.r.t customer needs wherever required.
- Support organization in regulatory compliance/ internal/third-party audits.
- Handling the regulation changes in ACM & forecast the risk of the affected parts for the Product Environment Compliance team to alert the site
- Participate in Site/ FE/ Customers in Weekly/ Monthly/Adhoch calls
- Should have knowledge of electronics.
- Enter the part list, Manufacturer contacts, and Compliance details in the Windchill Product Analytics tool.
- Collects, analyzes, and archives component information related to environmental compliance.
- Provide report or guidance on Compliance report or information requested by the requestor.
- Interact with manufacturers in America, Europe, and Asia to collect environmental declarations
- Support supplier engineers and interact with suppliers, commodity management, procurement, and design engineering regarding environmental compliance.
- Willing to work night shifts.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- B. E / B. Tech (Chemical\ EEE\ ECE\Mechanical)/MSc Electronics/Chemistry /Environmental Science
- Individual Contributor (0 – 2 years experience)
- Excellent communication skills. (Oral & Written)
- Knowledge of handling Basic Office Tools like Excel, Word, PPT Etc.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Job Category – Production Engineering
Optional Skills: Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview, or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We’re happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email
and we’ll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: This email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).