Position – engineer, CFD
Company – Fisker Inc
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
The CFD Engineer will be responsible for supporting all aerodynamics activities related to CFD simulation. The CFD Engineer will build, run, and report results from full-vehicle aerodynamic simulations. The CFD Engineer will work closely with the aerodynamics team to improve the overall efficiency of the aerodynamics process.
- model and integrate proposals by the aerodynamics team. Process CAD to meet CFD requirements.
- Responsible for full-vehicle level CFD/Thermal simulations (aerodynamics, water management, HVAC) which include but are not limited to: Geometry Cleanup, Pre-processing, Run, and Postprocessing.
- Compile and deliver reports of simulation results.
- Streamline and optimize the aerodynamics pre-processing and post-processing operations by developing and optimizing existing scripts.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or a related technical field. Master preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience in the automotive industry.
- Familiarity with CAD modeling tools such as CATIA, SolidWorks, NX, Blender.
- Strong background in Fluid mechanics and Thermal sciences.
- Experience using CFD solvers, such as Fluent, EXA-Powerflow, ELEMENTS, PreonLab.
- Scripting and programming experience (Python, C++ ) • Mesh preparation experience (ANSA)
- HPC cloud computing and Linux scripting experience.
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively within cross-cultural teams. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for technical excellence and the drive to deliver a state-of-the-art systems simulation capability