Position – Design Engineer
Company – Epiroc Mining India Ltd
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Req ID: 35467 Posted – 29-Sep-21 – Epiroc Mining India Limited, CMTEC Bangalore
Division – Technology and Digital Division (ETD)
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. It is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and has its manufacturing facilities in Sweden, United States, Canada, Australia, China, India, Japan and Germany and has 14 000 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in about 150 countries.
Job description / Mission
- Generate concepts, perform engineering calculations and make detailed design.
- Coordinate within R&D team for Product Development and Production.
- Work on continuous improvement of products and sustenance activities
- Preparation of 2D drawings and 3D models, checking BOM
- Follow best practices, design procedures, instructions and standards.
- Prepare a detailed project status and sharing with customer on timely basis.
- Perform design calculation as on required.
- Work using project management system and aid in improvements.
- Maintain and nurture effective communication with all the stakeholders.
- Engage self in continuous learning and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Reporting to the Manager\Project Leader in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure following of Epiroc policies and values and adhere to business code of practice.
- Exhibits Epiroc core values, integrity and open global culture.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in CAD design, preferably work experience with heavy engineering products or mining products.
- Good mechanical engineering basics.
- Working experience in Creo or other CAD softwares.
- Experience working on PLM/PDM system is added advantage.
- Should have experience in DFM and DFA
- Should have knowledge in creating weldments and assembly drawings.
- Knowledge in basic of GD&T and surface texture.
Knowledge / Educational requirements
- BE or B.Tech degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics or Industrial Production or Automobile from reputed institutions.
- Enthusiastic, positive minded and able to work well in an international client environment
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Self-starter and goal oriented
- Attention to details and strong inclination to learn
- Team player – open-minded and flexible
Country and city description India, Bengaluru
Location: This position is located in Bangalore, India.
In this recruitment process we review applications continuously. Welcome with your application as soon as possible, but no later than 13th October, 2021.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com