Position – CFD Engineer
Company – Epiroc Mining India Ltd
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Position – CFD Engineer
Team/Division – RDT Simcell
Job description / Mission
- Work on New Product Development (NPD) with innovative ideas.
- Work on continuous improvement of products and sustenance activities
- Perform CFD and thermal analysis of RDT products.
- Maintain and nurture effective communication with all the stakeholders.
- Should have good insight of technical problems coming up while finding a solution.
- Follow best practices for accurate computational efficiency.
- Prepare a detailed report including objective, assumption, domain, meshing, boundary conditions, relevant results, conclusion and recommendation in line with work process.
- Work using project management system and aid in improvements.
- Ensure following of Epiroc policies and values and adhere to business code of practice.
- Engage self in continuous learning and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Reporting to the Project Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- Share lessons learnt from the projects with the team and encourage open culture with integrity.
- Should have 4 to 6 years of experience in CFD analysis, preferably the experience working with heavy engineering products using Ansys or other tools
- Good mechanical engineering basics and engineering calculations.
- Execute CFD analysis using Ansys CFX, Fluent or by using related tools in an efficient way by ensuring quality output on time.
- Work with global design teams in scoping the simulation problem including analysis domain, boundary condition, material models, type of analysis etc.
- Good knowledge in Materials, Heat Treatment and Manufacturing processes.
- Perform the CFD simulation including geometry cleanup, meshing, applying boundary conditions, material model etc.
- Understand the physical problem, translate it to a CFD model, and interpret CFD analysis outcome to provide design recommendations and solutions.
- Pro-actively perform design optimization techniques and work with design team to implement product changes.
- Knowledge on CREO and any PLM/PDM will be an added advantage.
Knowledge / Educational requirements
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering from reputed institutions with specialization in thermal engineering/fluid dynamics/hydraulics engineering
- Creative and inclined toward physics of the materials.
- Having an attitude of continuous learning and willingness to get to the core of the task.
- Flexible to acquire new competencies.
- Self-starter, accountable and attention to details.
- Have an excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- A team player – open-minded and flexible.
Country and city description
India, Bengaluru, Epiroc CMTEC, Bangalore