Emerson is Hiring | Asst. Manager – Application Engineering |
Position – Asst. Manager – Application Engineering
Company – Emerson
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Essential Job Functions:
- Review the RFQ documents and create quote guidelines forms for project inquiries. Identify the special requirements and confirm whether we can meet the requirements.
- Sizing and selection with Fisher sizing program using data given by the customer.
- Correspond with Application experts in Marshalltown, Singapore, or other world locations as appropriate for special applications/prices and interact with the factories for product availability including delivery.
- Obtain quotes from vendors for buyouts (products outside Fisher’s manufacturing scope).
- Review customer quality requirements with the Quality department.
- Provide customer specification sheet duly filled, signed, and stamped where required.
- Assist the Sales management team in preparing a commercial quote for assemblies
- To prepare the technical deviation in line with our capability versus customer requirements. Create awareness among customers to accept the benefits of our offering.
- Revise the offer based on customers’ technical queries as and when applicable.
- If required, attend technical clarification meetings with customers after submission of quotation.
- For site inquiries on valve performance, interact with the service team, customer, and subject matter experts for investigating the reasons for performance variance and/or damage of valves/parts.
- After receipt of the PO, check the PO for the technical details and intimate the customer/branch in case of any discrepancy.
- Include customer testing/special requirements and any other relevant notes in FF2.
- Commit the order for order processing.
- Reply to clarifications from OE (technical/buyout quotes etc.).
- Reconcile customer purchase requisition (PR) document and inform the customer of amendments for any discrepancy
- Attend project kick-off meetings and provide clarity to the project team on customer requirements.
- Handle post-order technical change orders and work with the PM to estimate the cost impact.
Education / Experience Required:
- Degree in Mechanical, Instrumentation, or Chemical Engineering.
- Related experience of minimum 6 years in instrumentation or manufacturing of similar products
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the process industry and instrumentation is mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the necessary skills to effectively utilize technology and systems specific to the department required
- Prior experience in Control valve sizing and selection will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
EMS & ISO 45001
- Awareness about EMS & ISO 45001 practices
- Experience in ISO 14001:2015 – ISO 45001:2018 – ISO 9001:2015 procedures & instructions.