Position – Sr. Component Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Sr. Component Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Component Engineering has opening for a position who is passionate about his/her trade, to join our team to work with supply chain, R & D, Procurement and manufacturing teams, and will be responsible for form fit function compatible parts for Mechanical parts. In addition, he will play a key role in Data Health Improvement, PLM migration, part classification, data quality, VAVE, supplier selection, alternate source selection, Part and vendor standardization, Cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Job Responsibilities
- Creates new part in Enovia PLM system by using computer assisted Engineering, design software, and ECAD tools
- Identification and understanding of Part Classification & Taxonomy
- Creation of complex BOM’s for electronics, electrical & mechanical components.
- Awareness of Part Families & BOM configurations
- Should be able to work with large datasets for Enovia migration.
- Basic knowledge of OnePart tool to identify alternates
- Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities.
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Supply Chain vendors, supplier
- Design for manufacturability experience
- Builds strong relationships with Stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders
- Makes and keeps commitments of deliverables release dates by holding self and others accountable
- Experience of working with Enovia PLM – 2015x and above versions
- Participated in full lifecycle product development of product utilizing mechanical components.
- Familiarity with attributes of various mechanical components
- Awareness of Part Family & Part Libraries in PLM system
- Awareness of SAP ERP & PLM.
- Familiarity with application of various testing methods of for PLM updates.
- Model creation from 2D drawings
- Visualization & neutral formats
- Familiarity with Taxonomy of various part types.
- Knowledge of ECO- ECR & Change Management process in Enovia
Participated in full migration for Enovia
- Participated in Vendor selection efforts for product components.
- Participated in Part selection efforts for product components.
- Exposure to part library management.
- Part RationalizationTotal relevant work experience 5+ years. Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & self driven
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time