Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Applied Materials Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult mechanical problems with limited supervision
- Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering test reports with limited supervision
- Develop, design, or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope
- Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers. Generate mechanical product specifications.
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes
- Specify and review engineering documentation
- Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and mechanical solutions
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.