Position – Senior Engineer – Aerospace Seals
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Full Job Description
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
The candidate in this position is responsible to –
- Drive and execute Internal Research & Development (IRAD), New Product Design and Development (NPI), VAVE, B&P, and Sustaining Engineering through Eaton PROLaunch / PreLaunch / ACES Engineering processes and CI mindset
- Create Product Concepts & Architecture ideas and demonstrate, expertise at STEM – Science Technology Engineering Mathematics basics for demonstrating the feasibility of designs through relevant Engineering calculations/predictions
- Has proficiency with CAD, Analytical Tools (CATIA, CREO, AutoCAD, MathCAD, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.), Limits, Fits & Tolerancing, GD&T
- Execute technical, schedule, cost, and quality commitments for every deliverable as per project scope. An additional responsibility of managing the project/program financials as appropriate.
- Execute IPT leadership across the Project(s). Seek team input to promote a rapid resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Establish objectives and goals and provide direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope, and risk assessment.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication & managing customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, and preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Provide monthly project updates (Project Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of the current situation relating to milestones and problem/high-risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Play a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan. Handle RFI/RFP/RFQ process by providing engineering inputs to customer inquiries, creating solutions and estimating materials, testing costs, and Engineering NRE
- Lead the creation of the integrated project plans & schedules and project budget in partnership with the team and the organization. Manage, forecast, collect costs, and report on project budget/schedule
- Supports product sustaining activities to improve manufacturability or to manage obsolescence through drawing changes.
- Creation of 3D models, drawings, reports, ECRs/ECOs and BOMs, Tooling designs, Test fixture designs, Test plans and Test reports for new product designs and modification of existing drawings and models. Coordinate design reviews through release process
- Sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan, and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
- Builds strong customer relationships and anticipates/delivers customer centric solutions
- In-depth know-how of Digital tools and capabilities including but not limited to – Python Programming, Advance Excel, PowerBI, VB and/or similar equivalent etc. to drive Continuous Improvement (Digital mindset) and Digitalization strategies across technical, Project execution, and functional productivity domains
- Apply Robust design methodologies for decision making – DFSS, LEAN, DMAIC
- Know-how of Aerospace Product Testing and Qualification – DO160 and failure investigation, FRACA (RCA, FTA, 8D)
- Play key role in driving 3-5 capability/ product strategy roadmaps and action closure in collaboration with the Front line leader
- Provide visible technical leadership traits to guide, and coach team/members in order to galvanize a team for accomplishing common objectives/goals.
- Demonstrate leadership in a professional society and/or published technical work through professional or trade media
- B.E/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical / Aerospace and related engineering areas.
- Master’s degree – 3-5 years or Bachelor’s degree – 6 to 8 years experience in the design & development of static and/or dynamic seals. Relevant exposure to testing of seals will be added advantage.
- Ability to read and understand Drawings, Specifications, and Requirements
- Working knowledge of mechanical design principles
- Strong product design ability (Both new product & product modification)
- Basic understanding of FEA/CFD and ability to interpret analysis results
- Innovative mechanical design skills including but not limited to frequent use of 2D and 3D CAD (CATIA/CREO or Similar 3D modeling software), Model-Based Definition, and GD&T.
- Ability to read and understand Drawings, Specifications, and Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics & dynamics
- Ability to make recommendations on product designs, and strongly influence product costs, and capital investments.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and presentations for internal and external customers, including design reviews, non-advocate reviews, and technical coordination meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of product applications, product design techniques & engineering processes
- Experience in handling Design for Manufacturing, DFMEA & DVPR
- Exposure to PLM systems, i.e. ENOVIA
- Able to participate and contribute in strategy building for business next few years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed.
- Drive for Results
- Analysis-First & Digital Mindset
- Ability to lead a team of 3-4 individuals
- Ability to work across site boundaries in a global virtual engineering organization.
- Ability to network and develop relationships with other Eaton Aerospace and non-Aerospace resources.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with functions and organizations outside of Engineering.
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging, and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest, or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within the hiring country only