Position – Senior Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- You will be a part of a winning team where you will get exposure to develop Advanced Valvetrain solutions for internal combustion engines (ICE’s).
- Upskill yourself by leading technical proposals ,learning new design methodologies, solve complex engineering problems, build manufacturing know how & interaction with cross functional teams (CFT) in a matrix organization while delivering on exciting & meaningful business goals.
- Conceptualize and engineer advanced valvetrain products & novel actuations systems for VVA applications in ICE’s
- Lead technical proposal for new RFI’s & RFQ’s from different regions to meet reginal emission & FE/bsfc targets
- Drive NPI’s Engg milestones, interact with customers for VOC, build DFMEA from concept & own DVP to ensure solution robustness
- Conduct design feasibility studies, perform preliminary engineering calculations, design valvetrain components, coordinate with analysis teams (FEA, MBD, 1D simulation) to verify and improve design
- Create & release engineering drawings with relevant GD&T & stack up calculations
- Coordinate with cross functional teams like manufacturing, test lab, simulation etc. to mature the design and progress technical maturity
- Conduct design reviews, present technical studies and findings to Portfolio lead, technical lead, design review board & chief engineer of product line
- Conduct & drive manufacturing review (MFR) & and supplier feasibility review (DSFR) for prototype & production worthy prints. Facilitate and review manufacturing process capability & support PPAP submission
- Solve technical problems while working on new Pursuit Projects, NPI & VAVE projects with project team members working across the Globe
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech
- B.E : 6-8 yrs / M.Tech : 3-5 yrs Exp ,in R&D &/or Engineering Organization
- Strong fundamentals on IC engines & Valve actuation systems
- Experince with Engg dwgs ,GD&T & CAD (Cero/CATIA/UG)
- Proficient in strength of materials & basic physics understanding
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel & Power Point) “
- Communication & Articulation
- Collaboartive working style
- Process Management
- Continuous Improvement mindset
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-RK1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only