Position – Sr Assoc Engineer-Sim-1
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Position is part of a team that is responsible for supporting performance prediction of Caterpillar machines, like Motor Graders, Wheel Loaders, Tract Type Tractor, OHT etc.,. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the US based team to build, validate machine system models and predict/define performance of machines through simulation. He will also be responsible to replicating field failure work environment in simulation and do the root cause analysis to provide best possible solution. These will be achieved through the use of commercial and in-house developed software and processes. Additional job responsibilities may include automating machine simulation processes & developing best practice guidelines.
Bachelors/Masters Degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering with minimum 2 years of work experience in the fields of system modelling and/ or machine/engine simulation. Candidate is expected to have strong background in engine, torque converter, transmission, lower power train & machine control systems. Exceptional candidates without machine/engine simulation work experience would be considered on a case by case basis.
Key Skill Set:
- Knowledge of underlying theoretical principles of machine/engine performance simulation 0D/1D.
- Thorough understanding of engine, torque converter, transmission, lower power train & machine control systems fundamentals, together with an appreciation of the related underlying theoretical principles
- Working knowledge and control principles for common mechanical systems
- Engine/machine/controls model development experience
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Prior experience in Machine/Engine modelling and Machine/Engine Simulation software
- Transmission/engine test cell experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of latest emission standards (EPA and EURO), norms, processes and testing.
- Working knowledge of tools like Matlab, Simulink and GT Power
- Engine/machine/controls model development experience using Matlab/Simulink or GT Power
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Strong customer focus with ability to work closely and deliver timely support
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .