Position – Project Leader – Operational Excellence
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Project Leader – Operational Excellence based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Lead Operational excellence initiatives for Engineering including PROLaunch, DFSS, integration of key work streams like ENOVIA, ProPM etc,
- Work with business stakeholders for capturing requirements, post processing of data by utilizing digital tools to develop comprehensive proposals.
- Build training modules support robust design (all of DfX), all levels of training (GB, BB, etc.), Mini modules (by subject), Establish and maintain library of re-usable training modules, Develop cases studies and Exam questions
- Manage effective stakeholder communications.Improve organization responsiveness to stakeholder requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and commitments internal to the business.
- Responsible for updating and deploying new processes and tools related to Dfx (Design for Six Sigma, Design for reliability, Design for Safety, Design for Environment, Design for Manufacturability & Assembly) & PROLaunch tools.
- Ensures effective change management process is utilized.
- Lead efforts on development of e-Learning modules leveraging IT resources
- Drive automation projects using appropriate tools such as Excel Macros and VBA. Continuously builds digital skills to simplify proceses.
- Lead development of tools for project execution/tracking like Performance Status document and other PROLaunch document as per business requirement
- Develop and execute the required end-to-end product/process continues improvement capabilities together with business teams, in alignment with cost, customer quality/reliability and other key company deliverables.
- Conduct process health self-assessments, monitors assessment outcome and corrective action plans, and impact on business results.
- Ensure alignment to Eaton Quality Management System
- Support DFSS ERG to load and maintain content, DFSS certification database, design and build DFSS tools (calculators, scorecards, automated tools), design and build dashboards, DFSS Metrics, support for DFSS Deployment and mechanism to measure DFSS effectiveness, Certification model etc.
- Build, solicit and manage white papers on Case studies onaplication of Dfx, Recommended DFSS approaches
- Manage DFSS communications (Yammer, newsletters, etc.)
- Bachelor degree required, Engineering degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in Operations Excellence, Six Sigma, Hands on experience in R&D project with a total experience of 4-7 years
- Experience of working in DFSS/Lean/DMAIC tools, Good programing skills in Excel Macros and VBA, Knowledge of New Product Introduction processes & tools, Automation
- Leadership skills – capability to lead change, Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management, Good analytical skills and business acumen, High proficiency in preparing and managing schedule
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-RK1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only