Position – Program Manager I
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Program Manager based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Manages the complex New Product Development (NPD) projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments on division
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for project for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Provides periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- Manage effective stakeholder and team communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business. . Ensure effective change management process is utilized
- Participate in the development and implementation of a development project scorecard
- Identify and develop reporting tools (ideally through corporate or industry reuse) of project status, burn-down, scheduled completions, etc.
- Work with applicable functions to ensure that the supply chain and manufacturing systems are aligned to the product strategy and are supporting growth and profitability objectives
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-6 years’ experience in Program Management and/or Product Development Management with a total experience of 7-9 years
- Experienced in New Product Development (NPD) programs with hands on experience on managing the Embedded Systems development.
- Exposure of Software development lifecycles i.e. Waterfall, Agile and incremental etc. Certified Scrum master would be advantage.
- Leadership skills – capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT).• Developing to fully demonstrating in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (SAPM or PMP) highly recommendedComputer Skills – MS Office, MS Project, knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No