Position – Senior Analyst – Tail Spend Management
Location – Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra
- Develop, plan, monitor and execute direct material cost out projects for Tail Spend suppliers utilizing the Eaton Standard Sourcing Process. The projects will provide NET 3% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
- Implement and execute on global commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s global spend in conjunction with the Global Commodity Manager to deliver cost benefits.
- Help keep commodity strategies aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies.
- Negotiate and manage key strategic supplier agreements, cost negotiations and relationships
- Manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, product engineering, and the Eaton plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through ramp up and successful launch.
- Collaborate with Engineering on part rationalization opportunities, Decision Making.
- Responsible to maintain supply continuity via risk identification and mitigation.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
- Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
- Work with category managers to establish and develop category strategy for tail spend suppliers/parts.
- Ensure program milestones are met as mutually established by the customer and SCM SSC
- Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality in compliance with Eaton Data Management policies
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or engineering preferably Mechanical.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience as a commodity buyer for one of the commodities (Casting, Forging, Electrical & Electronic Components, Stampings, Plastics)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail, and over the phone
- Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from associates to the leadership team.
- Quick response to deadlines
- Reporting and Analytics – Should have good experience in data analysis, report preparation, and presentation to the project team
Position – Sr.Engineer – Mechanical
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Your essential responsibilities:
- Works in multiple programs/projects related to new product development (NPD), value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through the execution in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives.
- Demonstrates capability in end to end design and development of electro-mechanical product lines.
- Develops and understands product requirements. Collects requirements, performs conceptual design and completes system/component modelling to meet specific requirements.
- Work in a cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions required for project execution.
- Designs, validates and releases system, sub-system and components independently as well as through team of engineers. Creates CAD drawings- detailing, 3D models, Assemblies etc. and ensure release in PLM / ERP system per project plan.
- Evaluates multiple concepts through prototype testing. Owns development of test plans in accordance with applicable product standards. Develops test requirements, plans for assembly and test instruments. Responsible for ensuring deployment of standard practices, assessing test results, root cause analysis of failures and taking corrective actions
- Modifies existing products to support customer, manufacturing and applicable regulatory standard, supporting value analysis and value engineering while working on projects related with product line support, quality and VAVE
- Understands project management process and tools required for planning, efforts estimation and other quality management processes as required for achieving the project deliverables
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Mechanical engineering
- with 7-10 years of experience in the design & development of circuit breakers for the residential market or equivalent electromechanical product lines
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in the design and development of electronic product lines like lighting controls, switches and receptacles, power distribution, protection and control products, and relevant product standards such as UL, IEC & NEC.
- Should have good knowledge of different product design tools environment like CAD- PRO E, Solid works or E-CAD, LT Spice, etc, and FEA tools as required for product design and development.
- Proven track record of intellectual property generation with a good number of patents/disclosures, successful product launches, realized cost out. Demonstrated product execution from concept through commercialization on at least 1 project of medium technical complexity involving concept generation, POC, verification, validation, and certification as per global standards.
- Experience must include hands-on experience with the design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies, and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
- Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits, and establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required.