Eaton is Hiring | Mechanical Design Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – VAVE
Company – Eaton
Location – India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Mechanical Design Engineer – VAVE based in Chennai, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- The candidate will be working with a team of mechanical engineers toward the design and development of global electronic instrumentation products. He will be responsible for Concept development, performing DFM, design reviews, developing prototypes, and updating project progress periodically.
- Designs parts, components, and assemblies for Instrumentation Electronics products for applications in Process Industries and Industrial loops.
- Creates CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bills of Materials (BOMs) to support manufacturing, testing, and assembly.
- Good interpersonal skills which should reflect in communication with Hardware engineers.
- Work with other functional teams like Certification, Manufacturing & Process teams on an early track to synchronize product development.
- Staff in the wider business on Sustaining Engineering issues, Manufacturing Engineering for NPI activities.
- Bachelor of Engineering- Mechanical
- Working experience of 3 – 5 years
- Well-versed with 3-D CAD, experience with Solidworks and SolidEdge
- Candidate should possess:
- 2D drafting knowledge
- 3D Modelling – Concept, Wireframe, Plastics, Sheet Metal, etc.
- Thermal modeling
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Knowledge of material properties & accurate choice of appropriate materials
- Knowledge of Numerical Modelling techniques to evaluate designs before prototyping
- Knowledge of Prototyping & Interfacing with Rapid Prototyping houses
- Understand the interfaces between the mechanical and electronic parts of the system.
- Understand basic Electronics concepts and apply the same when designing mechanical systems
- Be able to deal with the thermal properties of a composite system.
- Understand and apply specific design techniques for low and high-volume manufacturing
- Will anticipate areas such as thermal loading, mechanical stress, and vibration resonances in a design.
- Will understand the packaging of a system and be able to provide designs that work as far as the system is concerned and are also aesthetically pleasing and help sales
- Can design an assembly to a specification document.
- Can provide a specification document for a design that will include tolerances on specified properties (eg movement, dynamic range, stability …)
- Assess the impact of current and future regulatory initiatives, such as material recycling and packaging disposal, on designs
- Possesses a good amount of experience in Mechanical product development and integration
- Good report and documentation writing skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to doing business right, operating sustainably, and helping our customers manage power today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within the hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time