Position – Assistant Engineer – Manufacturing Engineering
Company – Eaton
Location – Ranjangaon, Maharashtra
- Develop and implement reliable and cost effective manufacturing processes, document, maintain and support manufacturing processes and equipment that assure capable and reliable production of quality parts, provide guidance on manufacturing issues.
- Direct and coordinate production activities with other supporting groups, and supervisory personnel, to ensure optimum operating and production objectives consistent with quality assurance requirements.
- Project planning, scheduling and implementation
- Provide technical knowledge and solutions
- Conduct investigation and research on new process and products
- Maintain and update process documentation
- Review new part drawings and processes for proper utilization of machines
- Continually evaluate safety, ergonomics, productivity and quality and improve process
- Initiate and implement tool, fixture and part changes to improve product quality
- Maintain all jigs, fixtures, and tools in-house
- Provide support for machine set-ups and training
- Trouble-shoot in production departments to minimize down-time
- Provide and implement training that will enable personnel to better perform their departmental functions
- Implement and coordinate established maintenance controls to see that they are followed as they relate to physical plant and production operation
- Implement SPC programs on shop floor to ensure consistent quality and continuous product improvements
- Furnish emergency tooling or alternate methods to support production
- Initiate and formalize cost savings at plant level
- Edit programs as needed for equipment to meet part specifications
- Evaluate new equipment run-off and current equipment performance using SPC
- Process development and improvement including implementation of new processes and equipment, safety and ergonomic improvements
- Quality improvement and scrap reduction
- Cost reduction: production and tooling costs, set-up reduction
- Coordination of manufacturing process development, support and training
Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering with 2 years’ experience or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment working with machining equipment
Knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes (Gear Machining), statistical quality control and quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning and systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time