Position – Engineer Supplier Quality( PP2021, new position)
Company – Eaton
Location – Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra
Key Job role is to lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) task for assigned projects. Responsible to coordinate APQP implementation process with Supplier, Buyer, Commodity Manager, Plant Quality, & Other Stake Holders. Lead a ‘correct at source’ and problem solving methodology (Lean). Lead the team to achieve quality targets for customers and business goals.
1. Develops and implements the Quality led APQP activities specified within company process to assure quality from concept to production.
2. Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality & Delivery activities
3. Ensures compliance with the customer requirements, quality policy, company standards, regulatory and external standards
4. Effectively interacts with Production and Engineering teams to maintain product supply and introduction of new products.
5. Writes technical and management systems reports.
6. Brings together staff of different disciplines and drives the group to plan, formulate and agree
on comprehensive quality procedures.
7. Sets Quality compliance objectives and ensures that targets are achieved.
8. Facilitates analysis and coordinates activities related to process/system improvement projects.
9. Coordinate & settled correlation for measurement between supplier & plant,
10. Determines staffing requirements to meet quality and delivery expectations with the supplier
11. Maintains operations data and prepares productivity/quality reports for management.
12. Directs and coordinates the activities of team engaged in quality functions – including inspection, analysis and training.
13. Makes final determinations or dispositions related to non-conforming materials.
14. Monitors indicators related to ensuring employees conform to production or processing standards.
15. Implements measures to improve inspection methods, equipment/tool performance, product quality, efficiency and morale.
16. Working knowledge of statistical tools including SPC, Gauge R&R and capability analysis.
17. Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal & Rubber Hoses is preferred as per sequence.
18. Well versed with all problem solving techniques, should be able to apply practical exposure to close critical issues.
19. Encourage & implement Continuous Improvement culture within team & at supplier end.
20. Work as a co- coordinator between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
BE in (Mechanical , Production, & Industrial Engineering )
7-10 years’ experience
Technical Knowledge : APQP coordination, Manufacturing / or Process Engineering ,Supplier Development Engineering
Soft Skill :Strong organizational , Communication and Time Management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time