Position – Engineer- Sustainability
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer- Sustainability in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Responsible for guiding a junior team of engineers to provide both local product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs in the field of compliance and DfE.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
- Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Review technical aspects of projects including DfE Specifications
- Synergies and leverages engineering capabilities across groups.
- Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; CI, Employee Survey, DfX & Agile PROLaunch, Agile Start
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Environmental science or Chemical/Mechanical/ Electronics /Electricals engineering
- Bachelor’s with 3-5 years experience or Masters with 1-3 years of progressive experience in the areas of Sustainability domain, Product or technology development for Industrial, Electrical/Electronics or Chemical products or process with a proven track record of solving critical business problems and providing technical solutions
- Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of compliance / Product Stewardship
- Knowledge on REACH, RoHS, Prop65, and other applicable regulations and their impacts on product and technology
- Working knowledge of compliance platforms like SAP/EHSM, Foresite, CDX, Enovia, etc. will be added advantage.
- Ability to analyze regulations & interpret technical data that can be effectively communicated to product and technology teams
- Experience collaborating with local/global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups, etc.
- Understanding of tools and methodologies for Eco-design aspects of products, process, and technology will be added advantages
- Basic understanding of tools such as IMDS, C2P, Simapro, GABI, or SAP/EHSM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization and strong project management experience is required
- Abreast of upcoming environmental regulations, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.