Position – Engineer – Vehicle Technology & Innovation
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – Vehicle Technology & Innovation based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Perform Engineering Design & Development for research/innovation projects in the vehicle segment. Build engineering design concepts in CAD, Read & create prints, Follow change management process and release into ENOVIA PLM system.
- Good understanding of modeling and drawing standards for production release.
- Execute assigned concept development project , develop a technical proposal in consultation with a Lead Engineer with a component/system level ownership as per project requirements and timelines.
- Learn and apply DFSS tools, design analysis methods and concept verification calculations per engineering principles.
- Designs mechanical components/systems like enclosure,shafts, mechanical connections, seals.
- Build engineering design concepts, design models in CAD, develops drawing prints, release them for prototypes and production, performs engineering calculations, defines analysis requirements such as FEA, CFD etc. Good understanding of modeling and drawing standards for production release.
- Define design controls and perform tolerance analysis and stack-up calculations. Create & release engineering drawings with GD&T per PLM processes
- Apply DFSS tools, processes to practice robust design & engineering outcomes in supportive of delivering a quality product per IATF / EQMS requriements
- Work closely with CFT such as Subject Matter Experts, Mfg, Test Lab, CoE to progress engineering milestones and design maturity. Provides recommendation and/or conclusion for a reserach project to leadership team
- Ensure internal & external stake holders requirements are understood and met on time.
- Create minimum viable prototype build plan (technology demonstrator plan), establish alignment with stake holders and execute as per the plan
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Fosters innovation & creates IP while working on core research projects, contributes to innovation to commercialization.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years of experience or Bachelors with 5-6 years of experience
- Years and area of experience required : Hands on experience in design/development / New Product Development
- Experince with Engg dwgs ,CAD ,proficient in strength of materials , basics of manufacturing processes & GD&T
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings with strong engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of engineering and/or scientific research principles, practices, and protocols.
- Aware about design of major mechanical components and manufacturing considerations in design (DFM)
- ProE (Modeling, drawing and assembly) , other CAD tools etc
- MS office tools like Excel , Powerpoint
- Learning Agility – Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Result oriented.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time