Position – Engineer – Gear & Bearing CoE
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – Gear & Bearing CoE based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Job Summary :
- Designs and developes different types of roller bearings for Medium to heavy duty transmissions in vehicle group while working on NPD projects with global teams. This role will have responsibility of detailed analysis, design release, resolving supplier issues, by applying DFSS skills as appropriate.
- Performs failure analysis, investigates and troubleshoots issues. Coordinates with stakeholder and ensures all objectives (Cost, Quality & On time delivery) are met.
Ensures internal and external customers’ requirement are understood correctly and met on time.
- Supports engineering processes viz. PRO-Launch, VA/VE, Eaton corporate process (APEX, EBE etc.), and patent related activities Coordinates with other support resources for a timely completion of designs and drawings.
- Job Responsibilities :
- Develop value added technical Bearing solutions for Transmission development projects based upon a broad technical knowledge and awareness of customer needs in Region and Global.
Provide engineering leadership for preparation of global technology and product roadmaps based on market and technology trends.
- Provide engineering leadership support for maturity of CTQ’s in different phase of product development
Validate integrity and or accuracy of oBearing subsystem per Transmission project requirements
Build and maintain relationships with Commercial Powertrain North America, global CoE, external customers, suppliers, and other functional groups
- Mentor, organize, lead, and champion projects leveraging CoE and Commercial Powertrain resources
Utilizes DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical lead for internal / external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverage analytical techniques viz. Structural, Vibration and Plant Modelling from other departments.
Drives innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC,
- Education level required : ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or Machine Design
- Years and area of experience required : 1-3 years of experience in Baering Design / Analysis for Automotive applications
- Technical knowledge : ‘- Good understanding of Transmission components, functions and system performance
General understanding of DFMA and knows thoroughly about general design rules for forging and casting
Good knowledge of MASTA tool for Transmission system analysis
- Soft skills :
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
Team player with highly effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
Innovative aptitude, offers creative solutions for technical problems
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time