Position – Engineer : VAVE
Company – Eaton
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward toEngineer VAVE based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Work on VAVE (Cost Out) projects for Low Voltage Switchgear products : Switch disconnector , Contactors , MPCB , Push buttons , Relays, accessories
- Work with global stakeholders for project execution through idea generation, design, testing and implementation phase
- Ensure product compliance to global design standards like IEC,UL,CSA, NEMA or any other compliance standard.
- Complete system / component sizing, designing , simulation and testing activities to meet Low Voltage Switchgear requirements
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Demonstrate capability in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories
- Perform teardown , generate ideas , perform system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet product design and compliance requirements
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement.
- Utilize knowledge of metals and plastics to suggest alternative material and provide engineering judgement on the impact on the product from cost , testing and certification perspective
- Knowledge of low voltage switchgear standards in accordance to IEC/UL/CSA/CCC codes which will allow development of test plans.
- Experience in execution of tests for EN60947 / UL60947 (Temperature rise , Short circuit , Make/Break, sequence tests etc.)
- Assess test results, perform root cause analysis through test findings/failures and take corrective/preventive actions
- Responsible for design engineering analysis on current path, mechanism, spring, bimetals, housing, actuator circuit , arc chamber, coils etc.
- Review Supplier Document Requirements List based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, NEMA etc.
- Review reliability predictions, Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD/MBD results
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes (Casting, forging, machining , plastic Injection molding, sheet metal), tests, and unique customer applications
- Will be responsible for execution of the project and perform activities like Production feasibility assessment and Part production approval process ( PPAP) etc.
- Complete design ( 2D drawings / 3D Models) in UGNX or Solid works.
- BE / M Tech Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 yrs. Product Design & Cost out
- Experience in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories.
- Exp. in VAVE projects will be an advantage.
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in global and virtual environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only