Position – Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Designs and develops of Spur & Helical gears for Medium to heavy-duty transmissions in vehicle group while working on NPD projects with global teams. This role will have the responsibility of detailed analysis, design release, resolving supplier issues, by applying DFSS skills as appropriate.
- Performs failure analysis, investigates, and troubleshoots issues. Coordinates with stakeholders and ensures all objectives (Cost, Quality & On-time delivery) are met.
- Ensures internal and external customers’ requirements are understood correctly and met on time.
- Supports engineering processes viz. PRO-Launch, VA/VE, Eaton corporate process (APEX, EBE, etc.), and patent-related activities
- Coordinates with other support resources for timely completion of designs and drawings
- Develops value-added technical Gear solution based upon detailed system-level technical analysis
- Synergizes engineering capabilities across groups within groups and with other groups in EIIC.
- Maintains close liaison with Global Operations during the development and verification phase of NPD programs to ensure smooth execution, new product introductions, conformance to product specifications, and year over year cost outs.
- Fosters innovation and creates IP while working on New Product development, VAVE, and problem-solving projects.
- Utilizes DFSS concepts/tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements. Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical lead for internal/external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverages analytical techniques viz. Structural, Vibration, and Plant Modelling from other departments.
- ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or Machine Design
- 1-3 years of experience in Gear design / Analysis for Automotive applications
- Good understanding of Transmission components, functions and system performance
- General understanding of DFMA and knows thoroughly about general design rules for forging and casting
- Good knowledge of MASTA tool for Transmission system analysis
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Team player with highly effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Innovative aptitude, offers creative solutions for technical problems
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only