Position – Engineer
Company – Eaton Corp.
Exp. – 1 to 5 years
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to support the design and development of Fuel vapor valves to meet Global customer-specific technical requirements, cost, and government regulations for ORVR norms across regions.
- The applicant shall have experience and an innovative mindset to design, develop and validate fuel vapor valves and also an understanding of tank system architecture. Applicants must be able to support incremental product design changes. Applicant must be proficient with 3D drafting tools like ProE & Catia, GD&T, tolerance stack-up analysis, and conversant with manufacturing and machining methods involving plastics over-molding.
- Applicants should have knowledge of the automotive market and applicable standards.
- Applicant should be able to support defining engineering requirements by understanding customer voice and application.
- The applicant must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross-functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing, and supply chain
- Perform fuel vapor valves design assignments for FEPC NTI, NPI, pursuit programs, investigate the problems and resolve using appropriate tools & processes, and document the lessons leaned
- Utilize DFSS concepts /tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR with 100% compliance for new product development &/or existing product improvements, under guidance from the project leader, to drive NPI Efficacy
- Utilize understanding of plastics manufacturing and machining processes to improve new and existing designs & processes and propose cost-out solutions
- Learn different FEPC product validation procedures by working closely with global test engineers and suggest opportunities to optimize current test procedures, modularize fixture designs to achieve saving invalidation time and cost
- Utilize understanding of plastics manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs, processes & act as a technical resource for internal stakeholders and resolve technical challenges
- Utilize the experience of engineering drawing fundamentals, CAD tools, and GD&T to create complex 3D models and drawings while meeting desired quality and timeline targets
- Maintain credible communication practice with internal stakeholders and project team on technical clarifications, testing & resolving of field failures
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team for successful execution of product design across all stages of product development process per PRO-Launch
- BE/ME/Mtech in Mechanical /Automobile Engineering
- BE with 4~5 years or ME/MTech with 1-3 years of engineering/product design experience in the relevant domains.
- Proven track record in engineering Design, Analysis, R&D, Application Engineering domain
- Knowledge about Fuel Vapor products performance, powertrain, and vehicle dynamics
- Experience in CR/CO processes in enovia, problem-solving tools, and their applications
- Experience in handling PDSC, DFMA, DFMEA & DVPR-DFSS skills
- Experience in projects involving a significant amount of CAD & System modeling
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Team player with highly effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.