Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking for a Diversity Candidate (Female) for the post of Associate Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle Department, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Your essential responsibilities include:
- Support Transmission subsystem design and development projects under Nextgen Team of Vehicle department while working with global teams. This role will have the responsibility for transmission subsystem concept generation and selection, detailed analysis, design release, resolving supplier issues, resolving issues observed in validation testing using DFSS skills as appropriate. Additionally, this role will be responsible for transmission powertrain & architecture design
- Performs failure analysis, investigates, and troubleshoots the issues. Coordinates all work of the project scope, and ensures that all objectives (Cost, Quality & On-time delivery) are met
- Ensures internal and external customers’ requirement is understood correctly and met on time
- Develops/ supports value-added technical solutions for transmission development projects based on in-depth technical knowledge and awareness of Global customer needs
- Synergizes engineering capabilities across groups within groups and with other groups in EIIC. Validate integrity & accuracy of CoE outputs as per transmission requirements
- Maintains close liaison with Global Operations during the development and verification phase of NPD programs to ensure smooth execution, new product introductions, conformance to product specifications, and year over year cost outs
- Fosters New patents disclosures while working on New Product development and problem-solving projects
- Utilizes DFSS concepts/tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, DOE, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvement
- The minimum education for this position is a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- 0-2 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
- Vehicle industry exposure and experience.
- Powertrain engineering experience.
- Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of various truck transmissions, gear & spline cutting, casting, forgings, etc. Work & interact with the global cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time